when you are so cool you make a blog just to hate so that you don’t lose all your followers on your ~real blog
im sorry i read the about me in the header and could go no further
In my defense, I actually have more followers on this blog.
The Makorra shippers that I mention are friends that are following me, and I don’t want to cause any of the “dumb arguments” (mentioned in my about me) which could jeopardize our friendship.
In the past, they have stated that they don’t want to see any “anti mako or anti makorra shit” on their dash and that they were tired of it, so that’s why I created this blog.
I guess the main point of this is that I still want to be friends with them, even if we have different opinions on shipping. I don’t want shipping wars to break a friendship.
i’m so sorry but i really don’t respect what you are doing here
i think it is thoughtless and disrespectful to your friends to further a fandom environment that is actively hostile to them no matter what name you do it on, especially as they have already stated how tired they are of seeing it - not only does it come around, but participating in the fandom culture of shit-smearing doesn’t actually spare your friends anything in the long run
it’s not like they are in the majority here and can count on the wide support of the fan base, the fandom consensus comes down hard and in your favor, it’s your friends who are on the fringes of the so-called fan opinion who suffer for it, enabled in part by the attitude this spare blog of yours is encouraging
you do you though
If that’s what you think.
I have many thoughts that I feel the need to express. I get what you mean though - what I’m doing is disrespectful, but it’s all I can do. I’m not selfless enough to just bottle everything up and withhold my unpopular opinions from people. I mean, I can write it out on a diary somewhere, but I don’t feel complete knowing that others haven’t read it or understood me. My online friends (and probably my real life friends too, because they don’t even watch the show) don’t care for my opinion on this show, but it makes me feel happy that someone out there does. (this is tmi, sorry)
But I want to make it clear that I do not hate on people just because they are shippers, even though I don’t like shipping itself.
Have I been living in a cave? I honestly didn’t know a majority of the fandom disliked Mako. (Someone enlighten me on this. Was there a survey/poll thing that decided that most people hate him?? I’m being serious here because I actually don’t know. I see more posts in the “mako” and “makorra” tags, which are considered pro, than in the “anti mako” and “anti makorra” tags.)
This has gone on for too long and has strayed from the original topic of shipping’s influence on the plot in LoK, so I guess I’ll end it here.
Thanks for hearing me out and staying civil.
the bold part?
The bold part really bugs me.
It assumes that what someone else is doing isn’t anything they’re actually interested in or feel strongly about, but rather just some malicious attempt to attack Makorra fans or something; I doubt areyx is deliberately trolling Mako fans or whatever. The fact of the matter is that it is entirely within reason for someone to dislike the way Makorra was handled, and for them to want to talk about it.
But what, they shouldn’t be allowed to engage in a critical discussion because it just makes you so gosh-darn upset and this hostile environment is TEARING YOU TO PIECES?
People are allowed to disagree with you. They’re allowed to do it vocally! But if they don’t want to have those discussions with certain friends who mightn’t want to be a part of such an argument, they’re allowed to do that too.
Yes, that’s what I’ve been thinking. This criticism is just so ridiculous. The OP doesn’t like shipping and refuses to create drama; that shouldn’t be any of your concern. Not everyone’s going to bow down and suck Bryke’s dick for all the decisions they made. They made some really crappy decisions and the OP has a right to point that out. If you don’t like it, you can just look the other way.
I love how Makorrians can spend two days harassing someone but then blame anti-Makorrians for being *~*~hostile~*~*
- blank-slate-blues likes this
- jackskiteadventures likes this
- when-we-grab-you-by-the-ankles likes this
- busybeingcoot reblogged this from cyberneticenemy
- cyberneticenemy reblogged this from areyx
- animerei reblogged this from caseythesalamancer
- insomniatakesover likes this
- missmarycherry likes this
- watertribe-enya reblogged this from areyx
- thefabulousfang likes this
- avatarsnowy likes this
- notreallyasian reblogged this from areyx
- pteri likes this
- aleksandrijia reblogged this from thenotsolastairbender
- aleksandrijia likes this
- shadowclaw123321 likes this
- chinychinchou reblogged this from thenotsolastairbender
- rude-said-peter likes this
- thenotsolastairbender reblogged this from areyx
- fandomonfire likes this
- ramenfairy likes this
- thenotsolastairbender likes this
- pigeonsmall reblogged this from areyx
- rhaithe reblogged this from dingdongroombas
- maximumprocrastiantion reblogged this from areyx and added:
- schizoidduck likes this
- starbending likes this
- franzeillaise likes this
- minoruichigohara likes this
- dingdongroombas reblogged this from areyx
- dersprout likes this
- rozunderpressure likes this
- imlthogwrocks reblogged this from areyx
- imlthogwrocks likes this
- redchase reblogged this from areyx and added:
- yuki119 likes this
- obsessionsareok reblogged this from areyx
- hexperiment reblogged this from fannishcodex
- shadow-wasser likes this
- konthelion likes this
- fannishcodex reblogged this from areyx
- ellrics reblogged this from shionsnezumi
- vanitytheartgal reblogged this from shionsnezumi
- ohnowhyohno likes this
- greensputnik likes this
- fatzdepenguin reblogged this from shionsnezumi
- fuafuaschaotic reblogged this from kiichu
- fuafuaschaotic likes this
- minccino likes this
- kiichu reblogged this from areyx and added: